Through the project system Institute for Contemporary History adds a collective quality to the individual research results of its fellows. Currently, the Institute is engaged in two basic projects financed by the Ministry of Science and Environmental Protection, as well as a number of other projects.
Completed projects 2001-2010.
- The Question of Kosovo in Yugoslav and Global Context in the 20th Century. Project leader: Prof. dr Momčilo Pavlović
- (Un)successful Integration – (Un)finished Modernization: International Position and the Internal Development of Serbia and Yugoslavia 1921-1991. Project leader: dr Kosta Nikolić
- Serbian Society in the Second World War – European Frame of Ideological Divisions and Repression
- Serbian and Yugoslavs Historiography during the Crisis and Collapse of Yugoslavia 1980/2000.
- Serbia, Yugoslavia and the Great Powers in the 20th century
- History of Serbian and Yugoslav Institutions and Prominent Leaders in the 20th Century